All Aboard! Exploring the Newfoundland Railway

The Museum

Museum Treasures

Artefact Gallery

Newfoundland Railway Safe
Original Reid Newfoundland Company Safe, 1903.
This safe was likely purchased when St. John's Railway Station, which now houses the Railway Coastal Museum, was built in 1903. It was manufactured by Taylor Sage Works (est. 1855) of 141 Front Street East, Toronto. The safe was left in the station under the Railway Settlement Act of 1923, at which time the only things removed by the Reids were their own private papers. Railway Coastal Museum. 2004.0002

Page 3 of 21

Back to Gallery