Aurora Museum & Archives (989.29.5)
The girl cadets march in Town Park with the hardball diamond visible in the background.
Although a formal Cadet training program had been in place since 1912, girls were not allowed to join until 1942. Their status was unofficial until 1975 when the legislation regarding the Cadet Program was a amended changing the word ‘boys’ to persons.
Girls Join Cadet Program, 1942