Aurora Museum & Archives (988.50.16)
Live music in Town Park is as old as the park itself.
Throughout the park’s history a combination of permanent and temporary pavilions, platforms, bandstands, and band shells have been built so that musicians had an adequate performance stage.
In 1892 council made the decision to change the bandstand location from the east side of the park to the west side- specifically 200 feet from the north-west corner. While the exact distance from the corner has changed, both the 1950 and 2003 band shells were constructed on the north-west side of the park.