Aurora Museum & Archives (2016.36.48)
The Aurora and District Kennel Club held their first International All Breed Dog Show in the Armoury on May 24, 1951. With over 320 entries the show was considered a great success and the following year organizers sought additional outdoor space in Town Park.
For five years the show was held in Town Park until 1957 when it was moved to the Aurora Arena. In 1965 the event was moved out of Aurora entirely and relocated to Thornhill.