Steamer Cobourg, Captain James Van Cleve
Credit: “Reminiscences of Early Sailing Vessels and Steam Boats on Lake Ontario”, Captain James Van Cleeve, 1877 – Chicago History Museum Research Centre
The William IV was built in Gananoque and launched in 1832, just 19 months before the Cobourg. It ran between Prescott and Toronto until 1845.
Like the Cobourg it saw service as a warship against the American Patriots, and joined in the celebrations at the Restoration of the Brock Monument in 1856.
Both vessels were used as tow-boats in their later years.