Collection of the Société historique et de généalogie de l’île Jésus, Joseph Labelle House, C1/A1,02.03
This 18th-century French-style house was probably built between 1735 and 1743 for Michel Charles, a resident of the island. It is one of the oldest buildings in the area. Known as the Joseph Labelle House or the Bourdouxhe House, it is located in the modern-day district of Auteuil. The main stone building has a rectangular layout. The gabled roof features double chimney stacks. These are elements of French style. However, the designers modified the style to adapt it to Canada, with a covered porch that runs the whole width of the house. The house was classified as a historical building on October 8, 1975, by the Quebec Ministry of Culture and Communications.