Date: October 12, 1944
Credits: BAnQ Rouyn-Noranda, Joseph Hermann Bolduc funds. 08Y,P124,P308-44-1.
A Russian community lived in Rouyn and Noranda since the 1920s. In the 1930s, they would meet at the Russian Hall located on Taschereau Street in Rouyn. The hall shut down during WW2, probably due to the lack of events. But the Russians kept organizing events to meet up in other halls, particularly the Finnish Hall (as shown in the photograph).