Lawren S. Harris, Mt. Lefroy
1. Open Art!Facts and then open Lawren S.Harris, Mt. Lefroy.
2. Read his 'Statement' for this painting and then the 'Interpretation' of this painting.
3. Scroll down and examine his various sketches/studies for Mt. Lefroy, created between 1925 and 1930.
4. Open the activity 'Recreating Mt. Lefroy' and 'Art-Making Studio', following the 'Methodology' outlined. You should also read 'Studio Hints'.
1. Learn about the artist and his contribution to Canadian art;
2. Explore themes in Canadian history and cultural heritage;
3. Establish links between art and cultural identity;
4. Learn about an important period in Canadian art and history, and its effect on the national identity;
5. Identify, research, and describe visual characteristics and themes found in Canadian art;
6. Discuss and analyze a work of art using principles of design and other artistic terminology, and classify a work of art by period, style, and subject matter;
7. Use appropriate art vocabulary related to materials, processes, and technologies;
8. Demonstrate an understanding of materials, basic skills, and concepts in drawing and painting;
9. Produce one's own work of art using traditional and new approaches;
10. Learn how to apply the techniques and styles of other artists in the creation of one's own work of art in order to gain a better understanding of the artistic process and of different creative productions; and
11. Identify the skills required in various visual arts and art-related careers.