Starting in 1860, Rivière-du-Loup was the eastern terminus of the Grand Trunk line. Between 1869 and 1876, the Intercolonial Railway built the Rivière-du-Loup-Halifax line. It ran behind the lands of villages on the St. Lawrence as far as Sainte-Flavie Station, then wound southeast through the Matapedia Valley, hugged the Baie-des-Chaleurs, and continued southwards through New Brunswick near the coast.Fleming, Sandford. The Intercolonial. Montréal, Dawson Brothers Publishers. 1876. 268 pages.