Old Post Office, Prince William Street, Saint John, New Brunswick

Colour photograph of building with green roof, clock and cornice decoration

photograph: Old Post Office, Prince William Street, Saint John, New Brunswick, 2008. This building was constructed after the Great Fire of 1877. The building walls are constructed of sandstone from Westmorland County in eastern New Brunswick and a granite foundation from the Hampstead quarry. The mortar used to construct this building came from the Armstrong Lime Quarry at Green Head in north Saint John.

New Brunswick Museum
New Brunswick Museum
2008
Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA
© 2012, New Brunswick Museum. All Rights Reserved.


Teachers' Centre Home Page | Find Learning Resources & Lesson Plans