The first Colisée in Quebec City opened in 1930. After a major fire, it was rebuilt during the summer and fall of 1949 at a new location a few hundred meters from the old site. Initially it hosted the Quebec City senior A league games and the Citadelles junior A provincial league games. In 1972, it became the official home of the Nordiques of the WHA (World Hockey Association). Seven years later, after the amalgamation of the NHL and the WHA, the Colisée expanded from a capacity of 10,000 to 15,000 seats. Since 1960, it has hosted all the games of the famous Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament.


CHIN

© 2001, CHIN. All Rights Reserved.

Teachers' Centre Home Page | Find Learning Resources & Lesson Plans