The community of Sifton, Manitoba was the centre of an active wool milling and related manufacturing industry between 1930 and the 1950s.
John Weslowski, a blacksmith, first made these wheels in the early 1930s, based on a wheel he imported from the Ukraine. The blacksmith shop became the Spin-Well Manufacturing Company, run by John and his brother George. By 1938 they were producing 20 wheels a day. The local railway station agent, Willard McPhedrain, was the main organizer of an expanded company, Spin-Well Woollen Mill.
The Spin-Well Manufacturing Company was purchased in 1946 by Metro Lozinski, who continued to produce "Spin-Well" wheels and hand and drum carders under the name of Made-Well Manufacturing Co.
Craftsperson: Spin-Well Mfg. Co. or Made-Well Mfg. Co.
Materials: wood, metal fittings