Corman family houses on this property (now 7 Placid Place) date to 1810.
George Corman moved to Saltfleet in 1791-2, and built the first home on this site. His daughter, Hannah, married John Lee, son of James Lee, and the two moved above the escarpment and built a home which is now the Erland Lee Museum.
Issac Corman (1777-1863) probably built the house after he inherited the farm from his father in 1804. A smoke house to the rear of the home is also original.
This Corman house once stood at the centre of the Corman farm, stretching from Gray's Road to Green Road (Lots 21 and 22), straddling King Street and bisected by modern Corman Avenue.
Issac split the farm between his sons. Lot 21 was farmed by Abraham (1823-1912). Later, Abraham split off the north side of the farm (on the north side of King Street) to his brother, James F., and (sons?) William E and W.H. Corman.
Credit 1: Michael Gemmell