Gallery Thumbnail Gallery Stories Contact Us Search
150 Artefacts for 150 Years: Celebrating Hillary House National Historic Site
Hillary House
Aurora , Ontario

Enter

   Built in 1862, Hillary
House is considered one of
Canada's best examples of
Gothic Revival architecture
and was designated as a
National Historic Site in
1973. The residence was home
to four doctors throughout
its history, two of whom were
members of the Hillary

family. The house contains a
significant collection of
medical instruments, books,
papers, household
furnishings, and equipment
dating from the early
nineteenth to the late
twentieth century.
   The Aurora Historical
Society, founded in 1963,

acquired Hillary House in
1981. The Society is
committed to preserving,
interpreting and promoting
the history of the Town of
Aurora and provides an array
of opportunities for learning
and engagement through
exhibition, programming,
special events and

volunteering.
   150 Artefacts for 150
Years: Celebrating Hillary
House National Historic Site
is a thematic exhibition put
together by the Aurora
Historical Society (AHS) that
honours the 150 years since
Hillary House's construction-
from its medical associations

  Next
Important Notices  
© 2016 All Rights Reserved