Later an addition on the east side provided expanded living quarters for the keeper and his family. In 1889, a fog alarm building was added just west of the tower. The current sixty foot white hexagonal concrete tower with six buttresses was built in 1912. The same year saw the relocation of the fog alarm building to the front of the tower. A fourteen room duplex was built for the keeper, the assistant keeper and their families. The dwelling was replaced in the 1970s by the two houses that are on the Point now.
Point Atkinson Lighthouse. Photo credit: Larry Dawe.
Point Atkinson, West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Courtesy of Larry Dawe.