Shortly after 4 Field Ambulanceís return from WWI, the unit would be demobilized and transferred to the Reserve Force. This time, instead of Winnipeg, they came to be stationed at the Port Arthur Armoury in Port Arthur, Ontario under the command of Lieutenant- Colonel George Edward McCartney. This location would only be temporary however as in 1923, the unit would move to the Fort William Armoury at 114 Simpson Street in Port Arthurís twin city under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Walter P. Hogarth. The new armoury would be the site of the unitís training right up until the outbreak of WWII.
Port Arthur Armoury
Port Arthur, Ontario
Thunder Bay Military Museum and History Society