View of the hospîtal and of the cloister
Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada
1920 would mark the arrival of the hospital's first resident physician.
Doctor J. E. Paulin would be in charge of the hospital. Important renovations took place. The nuns would seek training to obtain the necessary diplomas. Some of them became registered nurses, pharmacists, dieticians and laboratory or radiology technicians.
The first medical office is composed of 4 members in 1925. The Hôtel Dieu received its
certification letter from the American College of Surgery attesting that it had met the necessary conditions to be admitted in the class of model hospitals in 1930.