Redwater & District Museum
Redwater, Alberta

Gallery Thumbnail Gallery Stories Contact Us Search
 

When Oil Hit Redwater

 
Honeybourne and Co. General Merchant, the first store in Redwater
37 of 172
Redwater train station
38 of 172
Main street - Redwater. Looking south towards the R.R., from the old post office.
39 of 172
The white building, center, is Boston's store and the black building at left is the blacksmith shop.
40 of 172
A view of Redwater in 1948
41 of 172
House and attached post office, built by Charlie Honeybourne in 1920.
42 of 172
Post Office attached to Henry Arthur Walker's house.
43 of 172
By 1951 Redwater's post office was housed in a building of it's own.
44 of 172
Deric Theatre billboard  in front of the Post Office. The name of the theatre reflects the oil boom.
45 of 172
A Blacksmith Shop in Redwater, the last of its kind. The tools were sold by auction in 1973.
46 of 172
Jim and Ann Evasiw handing out mail to waiting customers.
47 of 172
Jim and Ann Ewasiw at the second post office added on to their home.
48 of 172
Redwater 1949
49 of 172
Boston Store
50 of 172
John Boston behind the counter of the family store in Redwater
51 of 172
1946. Redwater May Day Celebrations at the Old Chicken Coop School. Mickey Boston front row centre.
52 of 172
Mickey Boston a close up from school picture taken in 1946.
53 of 172
Boston's Store with National Hall and schools in the background
54 of 172

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Important Notices  
© 2020 All Rights Reserved