Wallace and Area Museum
Wallace, Nova Scotia

Gallery Thumbnail Gallery Stories Contact Us Search
 

The United Empire Loyalists of Remsheg; refugees from the American Revolution.

 
Part of Trail between Fort Cumberland and Remsheg photograph 2012
109 of 149
Loyalist costumes were a big hit during plans for celebrating the Bicentennial in 1984
110 of 149
Chart of Bay Of Fundy near Fort Cumberland
111 of 149
Aerial photo of  former townsite called Fanningboro, now called North  Wallace
112 of 149
Survey of Chignecto Basin at the northern end of the Bay of Fundy. Showing site Fort Cumband in 1755
113 of 149
1766 document, part of a map of the Passaic River near Horseneck, New Jersey, several Loyalist names
114 of 149
Loyalist soldier
115 of 149
Part of the map of Fanningboro, surveyed by Charles Baker in 1784. Document shows statistics.
116 of 149
Museum workers Jim Reeves and Amos Grant searching for the corner marker of the Remsheg Grant.
117 of 149
Map research program
118 of 149
Careful Measurements to find the spot where the White Birch stood for the corner of lot #1in 1784
119 of 149
Jim Reeves with Corner stake for Remsheg grant survey.
120 of 149
Museum Worker Jim Reeves drives corner post for the lot #1 in the 1785 Remsheg Grant.
121 of 149
Ken Tattrie, land owner, with museum employee AmosGrant, marking the corner lot of the Remsheg grant
122 of 149
Copy of Westchester Grant Document
123 of 149
Wallace and Area Bicentennial Committee celebrates the 1784 arrival of the Loyalists in 1984.
124 of 149
A.F. Church map of Cumberland County 1869, showing Wallace Bay and Fanningboro
125 of 149
Loyalists coming to Remsheg found small areas of rich marshland once cultivated by the Acadians
126 of 149

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Important Notices  
© 2019 All Rights Reserved