Creator(s): French Shore Interpretation Centre
In 2002, Sr. Fabien Hennebury of St. John's bequeathed an extraordinary gift to the French Shore Historical Society. It was a series of remarkable photographs taken by her sister Angela and by her brother Fr. William Hennebury during his eight-year mission between 1939 and 1947 at Sacred Heart Parish, Conche. The collection is now the focal point of a virtual exhibit on the history of the determined people of the Northeast coast of Newfoundland who lived and died in beautiful but isolated communities such as Croque, Grand Oies, Fishot Island and Main Brook.