Creator(s): Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum
The community of Cole Harbour was established in 1765 as an allotment of six 500 acre lots. The community stretched from the town of Dartmouth eastward to the Township of Lawrencetown, with its northern boundary the Township of Preston. Founded by Foreign Protestants, Cole Harbour remained a rural community until the population pressures of post WWII bought up, expropriated and otherwise consumed large acreages of land.
Using the collections of the Cole Harbour Heritage Farm archive, this exhibit endeavours to present to the visitor glimpses of the community of Cole Harbour then and now. Much of the exhibit will focus on the Cole Harbour Road and the changes that urban lifestyles have had our rural routes.