Cow Head - Taking Pride in Our Past!

Creator(s): Dr. Henry N. Payne Community Museum

Located on the West coast of the Great Northern Peninsula on the most northern tip of the Gros Morne National Park, Cow Head was first named Cap Pointu by Jacques Cartier on June 16th, 1534. However, French fishermen renamed the town Tête de Vache after a rock shaped like a cow's head. This Community Memories exhibit follows the development of Cow Head society until the second half of the 20th century, when social life in Cow Head still centred on church, school and family.

Visit the Exhibit: