Creator(s): Millet and District Museum and Archives
Millet, Alberta, officially became a town on June 17th, 1903. It was formed by an Order in Council under the authority of section 3 of the Village Ordinance of the Northwest Territories. Millet received its name when Sir William Van Horne, president of the Canadian Pacific Railway, asked his good friend, Father Lacombe, a Catholic missionary, to name all of the stations from the Town of Lacombe, north to Edmonton. So, Father Lacombe named Millet after his long time travelling companion and canoe man, August Millet. This exhibit explores Millet's history over the past 100 years.