Peace River, 1780-1914: From Athabasca to the Last Great West

Creator(s): Peace River Museum, Archives and Mackenzie Centre

In 1914, the community of Peace River Crossing, in Northern Alberta, was incorporated as a village, an important regional centre for trade, business, transportation and institutions. The village was home to over 700 people, and represented a major staging point for the influx of settlers in search of the "Last Great West", the Peace River region of Northern Alberta and British Columbia. This Community Memories exhibit traces the remarkable evolution of Peace River Crossing.

Visit the Exhibit: