The House of Snider in Toronto - A Canadian Clocks Success Story 1950 - 1976

Creator(s): The Canadian Clock Museum

Harry Snider's calling was time. As a young man in the 1930s, he started working with clocks at the Blackforest Clock Company in Toronto. The business name was changed in 1941 to the Forestville Clock Company because of the Second World War. In the early 1940s, he went out on his own, establishing Harry Snider and Company, which imported and distributed items related to the jewellery trade. But it would just be a matter of time before Harry decided to manufacture clocks himself, and in 1950 he started the Snider Clock Corporation. This exhibit explores the great Canadian success story of the Snider companies between 1950 and the mid-1970s.

Visit the Exhibit: