Photo 1: Lafleur Stopping Place, circa 1958

Photo of Lafleur Stopping Place, originally established in the mid-1800s by Francis Currier.

"There is a very fair traveled road leading through the Township along the margin of the Bonnechere used by lumbermen in transporting supplies into the interior. There is one settler (Francis Currier) living in the Township on lot 8 con 11 who keeps a hotel or stopping place and who has a very good house and outbuildings. There is an immense amount of travel along this road during winter months"
~ Thomas O. Bolger, PLS, 1874 Survey of Burns Township

Fred Gossard
c. 1958
Ontario, CANADA
© 1958, Fred Gossard. All Rights Reserved.

Teachers' Centre Home Page | Find Learning Resources & Lesson Plans