Trinity Museum
Trinity, Newfoundland and Labrador

Gallery Thumbnail Gallery Stories Contact Us Search
 

Restoration of Lester-Garland House
Images:

 
The Lester-Garland House of 1819-20, reconstructed in 1996 - 1997.
1 of 83
End walls of the Lester-Garland House ruins
2 of 83
Lord and Lady Digby visit Trinity.
3 of 83
Lord and Lady Digby tour Trinity.
4 of 83
The “Penny Farthing Bicycle Ride”
5 of 83
Presentation to Queen Elizabeth II
6 of 83
Archaeology technicians at work at the Lester-Garland House.
7 of 83
Taking a Measurement at the beginning of the Archaeology in 1995.
8 of 83
Making the excavation safe
9 of 83
Preparing for the excavation
10 of 83
Archaeology.The exterior of the south wall.
11 of 83
The floor of the old Lester-Garland House
12 of 83
Archaeology. The southern end wall is partially down to make the structure safe.
13 of 83
Archaeology in the corner of the Living Room.
14 of 83
The interior foundation of the Lester-Garland House excavation
15 of 83
Archaeology. The 'safe' portion of the south wall.
16 of 83
Archaeology. Interior of the house, showing the south-east corner.
17 of 83
Archaeology. General Scene
18 of 83

Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Important Notices  
© 2017 All Rights Reserved