Sundre Pioneer Village Museum
Sundre, Alberta

Gallery Thumbnail Gallery Stories Contact Us Search
 

A Tough Pill to Swallow
Images: General

 
Mrs. Muir recalls in the 1920's when a resident was very ill
1 of 65
Charlie Hodges, Trailrider and Outfitter Guide turned Pilot
2 of 65
Ethel MacLeod moved to Sundre with her husband John in 1934.
3 of 65
Dr. and Mrs C.A. Miller were named Citizens of the Year
4 of 65
The Sundre Women presented a Brief to the County Council April 19, 1967.
5 of 65
Dr. Alan White (left) with Dr. Corley in the Children's Ward at Sundre Hospital.
6 of 65
The Thrift Shop has filled the needs of many hundreds of customers over the years.
7 of 65
This banner was carried by the West Country Hospital Crusaders in a parade in 1967.
8 of 65
A few of Sundre's most dedicated women: an early photo of the Women's Auxiliary
9 of 65
Future site of the Hospital
10 of 65
Sod turning for the new Hospital - Hon. R.C.  Clark, Minister of Youth and MLA for this constituency
11 of 65
Construction begins - Rendek Construction Ltd. of Edmonton was the successful bidder
12 of 65
Construction is going along well.  The estimated cost for the hospital was $775,000.00
13 of 65
Members of the original Hospital Board
14 of 65
Commerative plaque at the Sundre General Hospital, close to 1000 attended the opening ceremony
15 of 65
A view of the new Hospital - The official opening was Sept 3, 1968.
16 of 65
The Laboratory - The Lab has a 24hr service.
17 of 65
Mr. Archie McKechnie was the town pharmacist and had been since the opening of the hospital in 1968.
18 of 65

Page: 1 2 3 4

Important Notices  
© 2020 All Rights Reserved